The venture capital industry of Singapore is growing increasingly popular. Owing to the favorable government policies and tax incentives, the investors are now getting increasingly attracted towards investment and this has significantly increased the number of startups in Singapore in the last few years.
If you are also one of those talented entrepreneurs planning for Capital Raising in Singapore for their newly-established businesses, here’s a list of some of top venture capitalists you might have been looking for. The names are followed by their preferred sectors so it will make it much easier for you to decide which investor to chase and whom to ignore. After all, it is better to have a proper knowledge of the interest of the investors or else, it might be wastage of time and nothing else. Don’t you agree?
Top Venture Capitalists in Singapore
• Ardent Capital – Sectors: Technology, Advertising, Transactional Commerce, etc.
• JFDI.Asia – Sector : Technology
• Carlyle Group – Sectors: Real Estate, Infrastructure, Energy, Corporate and Private Equity.
• Extream Ventures – Sectors: Interactive Digital media, Mobile and Wireless, Security, biometrics, Semiconductors, Internet, etc.
• Innosight Ventures – Sectors: Internet Marketing, Mobile Application Development, Mobile Gaming, IT Security, etc.
• Golden Gate Ventures – Sectors: Technology, Online Business, Finance, Mobile, etc.
• Jungle Ventures – Sectors: Healthcare, Ecommerce, Digital Media and Entertainment, Search and Digital Marketing, Tourism. Etc.
• Merger Alpha – An intelligent network of investors, entrepreneurs and advisers.
• TNF Ventures – Sectors: Telecommunications, Technology, Medical, Eco-friendly Products/Services, Media, etc.
• Singtel Innov8 – Sectors: Digital Content Services, Customer Service Enhancers, Next Generation Devices, Network Capabilities, etc.
• Intel Capital – Sectors: Digital Media and Entertainment, Software Services, Computing, Mobile, Consumer Internet, Manufacturing Industry.Stream Global – Sectors: Mobile, Digital Media, ICT, etc.
• Walden International – Sectors: IT and Software, Internet/Digital marketing, Cleantech, Semiconductors, Emerging technologies, etc.
• FLAG Capital – Sectors: Real Estate, Energy resources, etc.
• Gobi Partners – Sectors: Digital Media, Digital technology, etc.
• JAFCO Asia – Sectors: Technology
• Upstream Ventures – Sectors: IT, Internet, Software Services, Security, Biometrics, IDM and Semiconductors.
• Mc Lean Watson Capital – Sectors: Technology, IT, Software Services, Telecommunications, Energy, etc.
It is not important to raise huge amount of money (more than what is needed) in the first round. You should rather focus on winning the trust of the investors. Once they consider yours a potential startup, money will automatically flow in. The only thing you need is a unique business idea which should be the only solution to an unsolved issue in the society. This will make sure that customers will run for your product or service and you must aim to make sufficient profit before the competitors arrive. Singapore is today a highly potential destination for the entrepreneurs, so make sure you don’t waste a single moment and grab the opportunity as soon as it knocks.
For more information on capital raising in Singapore, feel free to visit http://mergeralpha.com/